Saturday, November 25, 2006

the holidays have arrived...but not with style


This week marks the beginning of a month long frenzy to buy things, get things, and if you feel like it, give things. This is the season to stab people over video game system and MP3 players. This is apparently what the holidays are all about. But not so, says I! Thanksgiving is a perfect example of why I feel like there is more than consuming and buying and shopping. For a few hours that Thursday my family was able to peacefully coexist. It was almost as if the shitstorm that happened two nights before had never happened at all. It was really freakin' nice. We ate a lot and laughed even more, and it was certainly nice to feel a bit more of that family unity. We certainly were silly a lot of the time. I was able to let down my gaurd and put a green napkin on my head. My cousin Tiff and I ate like piggies(just kidding, though we did eat a lot!) Then, Becca, Logan, Tiff and myself all taste tested some really nasty sodas. They were horrible flavors. As seen in the picture of me with the not-so-nice look on my face: (edit- we weren't drinking Coke zero, that wasn't the disgusting ones at least... we were chasing the shots of nastiness with the coke zero). Other than the nice Thanksgiving day things have been pretty blah. I went and hung out with Alan on Friday, and things were weird. I don't know what to do, because I feel very strongly about him, and he knows it, I'm scared of screwing things up. He's pretty much the only really good friend I have. For some reason I can't connect with the people at school. I don't get it. Things in the way of guitar aren't great either. My lesson this week was 17 minutes. 17 freaking minutes! All I can think to say is: "wtf". Meh. I wish I could talk to a number of people right now, all of them unavalible because they actually have lives and families and stuff. Becca is at her friends house, and dad is asleep on the couch. I have no idea where the hell mom is. The dog is being herself. I need to cut this short and go practice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home